This one-day course is aimed at people who are a senior member of staff in their organisation, or who have a responsibility for delivery training. The purpose of the course is to have the ability to effectively deliver a ‘Safe Handling of Medication’ course to their staff to promote competency and consistency with medication management.
This Train the Trainer course takes the trainer through the ‘Safe Handling of Medication’ course material giving them additional information and advice about how to deliver the course.
On completion of the course the trainer will be equipped to deliver the Safe Handling of Medication’ course to their staff.
This workshop will cover the following:
- The legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings.
- Roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings.
- The common types of medication and their use.
- Techniques for administering medication.
- The process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely.
- How to promote the rights of the individual and support the use of medication.
- How to record and report on use of medication.
9:30 to 4:00